BAKED LEGS WITH CREAM OF MUSHROOM
• 1/4 cup flour you can use gluten-free flour
• 1/2 teaspoon salt
• 1/4 teaspoon ground black pepper
• 2 lb chicken legs about 3-4 large chicken legs
• 2 tablespoons olive oil
• 10 oz mushrooms each sliced in half
• 3 garlic cloves minced
• 1 tablespoon olive oil if needed1 cup chicken stock
• 1/4 teaspoon salt
• 1/2 cup heavy cream
• In a small bowl, combine the flour, 1/2 teaspoon salt, 1/4 teaspoon ground black pepper. On a large plate, dredge chicken legs in this seasoned flour mixture
• Heat 2 tablespoons of olive oil in a large skillet on medium-high heat.
• Add chicken legs skin side down and brown for about 4 minutes until the skin turns a nice golden color.
• Flip chicken legs over to the other side and brown the other side for about 3 minutes.
• Remove browned chicken legs and set them aside. Also, remove those parts of olive oil that got too dark from browning the chicken with flour mixture.
• To the same, now empty skillet, add mushrooms (sliced in half) and minced garlic, add an extra tablespoon of olive oil (if needed) and saute them together on medium heat for 2 minutes.
• Add chicken stock to the skillet, scraping up the browned bits at the bottom of the pan. Add 1/4 teaspoon of salt and stir.
• Place chicken legs back in the pan.
• Bring the chicken stock to boil, cover, and reduce heat to simmer on low-medium.
• Simmer chicken legs for 25-30 minutes, until the chicken is completely cooked through and the juices run clear when chicken is cut in the middle.
• Remove the cooked chicken legs to a plate and keep warm.
• Turn the heat under the skillet to medium-high, and simmer the mushroom sauce for about 4 minutes until it is reduced by about a third.
• Stir in the 1/2 cup heavy cream into the mushroom sauce and simmer for another 2 minutes on low-medium heat, constantly stirring and scraping from the bottom of the skillet, until the sauce gets thicker.
• Add chicken legs back to the skillet to warm them up.