Biscuits & Gravy Casserole
• 8 count package refrigerated biscuit dough use large biscuits, such as Grands
• 1 pound bulk sausage
• 1 cup shredded cheddar cheese
• 6 large eggs
• ½ cup milk
• Salt and pepper to taste
• 1 2 3/4 ounce package peppered gravy mix (makes 2 cups)
• Preheat oven to 350F. Grease a 13×9 baking dish with non-stick cooking spray.
• In a large skillet, cook the sausage over medium heat until completely browned. Drain off the fat and set the sausage aside.
• Cut each biscuit into 4 pieces and spread over the bottom of the prepared pan in an even layer.
• Add the cooked sausage over the biscuit dough, then sprinkle the cheese over the sausage.
• In a large bowl, whisk together the eggs and milk; add salt and pepper to taste, then pour the mixture all over the casserole.
• Make the gravy according to the package instructions. Pour the prepared gravy over the whole casserole.
• Bake the casserole for 40-45 minutes until puffed up and golden brown on top.