Butter buttermilk biscuits
• 2 cups all-purpose flour
• 1 tablespoon baking powder
• 1 teaspoon salt
• 1/2 cup unsalted butter, cold and cut into small pieces
• 3/4 cup buttermilk
• Preheat your oven to 450°F (230°C). In a large mixing bowl, whisk together the flour, baking powder, and salt. Using a pastry cutter or your fingers, cut in the butter until the mixture resembles coarse sand. Make a well in the center of the mixture and pour in the buttermilk. Stir just until the dough comes together.
• Turn the dough out onto a lightly floured surface and knead it gently a few times. Pat the dough out into a 1-inch thick rectangle. Using a 2-inch biscuit cutter, cut out as many biscuits as you can and place them on a baking sheet. Gather the scraps and pat them out again, cutting out additional biscuits until all the dough has been used.
• Bake the biscuits for 12-15 minutes, or until they are golden brown. Serve warm. Enjoy!