OLIVE GARDEN CHICKEN GNOCCHI SOUP
• 1 ½ tablespoon olive oil
• 1 medium onion, diced (white or yellow)
• 2 celery, diced
• ½ cup shredded carrots
• Kosher salt and freshly cracked pepper to taste
• 2 cloves garlic, minced
• 1 teaspoon thyme (dried or fresh, if using fresh thyme sprigs be sure to discard before serving.)
• 2-3 boneless skinless chicken breasts (cooked and diced)
• 3 cups chicken broth
• 16 ounces potato gnocchi (1 store-bought package)
• 1 ½ cups half and half
• 1 cup fresh spinach
• Heat oil in a dutch oven over medium-high heat. Add diced onions, celery, and shredded carrots. Season with kosher salt and freshly cracked pepper to your liking. Saute until the onions are translucent, about 3-4 minutes.
• Add garlic and thyme and saute for another minute or until fragrant.
• Add the cooked chicken and chicken broth to the pot. Bring to a boil.
• Reduce to simmer. Stir in gnocchi and continue to cook for 10 minutes.
• Add half and half and spinach. Let it cook for an additional 2 minutes before serving.