Slow cooker honey soy chicken
•1 1/2 kg chicken legs
•1 tablespoon chopped garlic
•1 tablespoon thinly sliced ginger
•1/2 cup honey
•1/2 cup soy sauce
•2 tablespoons cornstarch
•1 tablespoon sesame oil
•2 tablespoons water
• In a small bowl, whisk together the honey, soy sauce, chopped garlic and chopped ginger.
• Place chicken legs in a slow cooker, then pour soy-honey mixture over top.
• Cover the slow cooker and cook over low heat for 5-6 hours, or over high heat for 3-4 hours, until the chicken is cooked through and tender.
• In a bowl, whisk together the cornstarch and water. Add the mixture to the slow cooker and mix well.
• Cover the slow cooker again and cook over high heat for another 30 minutes, until the sauce thickens.